Ghandi Farah Manasra, Associate Professor: Born in Hebron (27/9/1960), Palestine. Obtained MSEE (84–86) and PhD degree (91-95) in Electrical Engineering, Communication and Signal Processing from Northeastern University in Boston, USA, and the BsC (80-84) in Electrical Engineering from University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, USA.
Before joining Palestine Polytechnic University (2001) and till present as an associate professor in the department of Electrical Engineering (communication Engineering), working at AlQuds University (1986-1991 and 1995-1999) and king Saud University (1999-2001) as an Assistant Professor. Spent the academic year (2010-2011) as sabbatical leave in the Telecommunication Engineering at Arab American University.
Concerned with research on mobile telecommunication, Channel capacity and Information theory for spread spectrum communication as well the existing GSM/3G, Consultation/evaluation of different technologies relating to digital communication systems including the study of any potential harmful and detrimental effect of such technologies. Received scholarship for his BSC from ASAI after having higher rank in Tawjihi Diploma as well as having a teaching assistant for the MSEE degree and a scholarship by the USAID Amid-east for the PhD studies.
1. Ghandi Manasra, Osama Najajri, Samer Rabah, Hashem Abu Arram, DWT based on OFDM Multicarrier Modulation using Multiple Input Output Antennas System, International Journal on communicaions Antenna and Propagation (IRECAP), ISSN 2039-5086, pp 312-320,Vol. 2 N.5, October 2012.
2. Ghandi F. Manasra, Mais S. Ibrahim, Yaser H. Abdallah, Bit Error Rate Reduction Using Spatial-Temporal Diversity by Employing OFDM Techniques, International Journal on communicaions Antenna and Propagation (IRECAP), ISSN 2039-5086, pp 353-365,Vol. 1 N.4, Augyst 2011.
3. Ghandi F. Manasra, Assessment of Power Density Levels From Some Electromagnetic Radiation Sources in Hebron District. 1st Palestinian Conference on Electromagnetic Radiation, Al-Quds University – Palestine, 7th December 2010.
4. Ghandi F. Manasra, Technical Report of Electromagnetic Fields Effect of Cellular Mobile Systems, 1st Palestinian Conference on Electromagnetic Radiation, Al-Quds University – Palestine, 7th December 2010.
5. Ghandi Manasra and Anas Salhab, Multicarrier MIMO Cellular system with Co-channel Interference. International Conference on Communication, Computer and Power with IEEE section in Oman (ICCCP’ 09). February 15-18, 2009. Muscat, Sultanate of Oman.
6. Ghandi F. Manasra, Background Inverse Scatering of Electromagnetic Waves from Approximately Rough Periodic Surfaces, Journal of Modern Mathematics and Statistics, International Journal of Electrical and Power Engineering , Vol.3, Issue 2, pp. 76-84, 2009.
7. Ghandi Manasra and Anas Salhab. Beamforming design and performance analysis of a multicarrier MIMO cellular system with co-channel interference, Hebron University research Journal, Vol.4 , No. 1 pp. 27-34, 2009 .
8. Ghandi Manasra, and Mohammad Abu-Samreh. Thermal effects of radiofrequency electromagnetic fields on human body, Journal of mobile communication 2 (2), pp 39-45, Oct. 2008. ISSN: 1990-794X.
9. Anas Salhab, and Ghandi Manasra. Performance Analysis of A Beyond 3G Mobile Communication System in the Presence of Co-Channel Interference, WSEAS Transactions on Electronics, Vol. 4, pp 134-142, Isssue 6, June 2007. ISSN: 1109-9445.
10. Ghandi Manasra, and Mohammad Abu-Samreh. Potential harmful effect to mobile phone users. International Conference on Energy and environmental protection in sustainable Development (ICEEP2007), Vol.1 pp 131-144, Hebron, Palestine, May 8-9, 2007.
11. G.F. Manasra. Restoration of Cardiac Electrical Image Sequences from Blurred Measurements. Proc. 4th International Multiconference on Computer Science and Information Technology CSIT 2006. Vol.1, pp130-136, Amman, Jordan, April 5-7, 2006.
12. Arman, N., and Manasra, G., “Software Engineering: An Established Engineering Discipline or Just a Computer Science/Information Technology Course,” Engineering Education Conference, May 17-18, 2005, Palestine Polytechnic University, Hebron, Palestine.
13. D.H. Brooks, Ghandi Ahmad, and R.S. MacLeod. Inverse electrocardiography by simultaneous impositions of multiple constraints, IEEE transaction on Biomedical Engineering. Vol. 46, pp 3-18, Number 1, January 1999.
14. Ghandi Ahmad, D.H. Brooks. An admissible solution approach to inverse electrocardiography. Annals of Biomedical Engineering. Vol. 26, pp. 278-292, 1998.
15. Ghandi Ahmad, D.H. Brooks, C.A. Jacobson, and R.S. MacLeod. Constraint evaluation in inverse electrocardiography using convex optimization. Proc. 17th Ann. Int. Conf. IEEE EMBS, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Sept. 1995.
16. Ghandi Ahmad, D.H. Brooks, C.A. Jacobson, and R.S. MacLeod. A feasibility study of inverse electrocardiography by convex optimization. Proc. 21st NE Bioengineering Conf., Bar Harbor, ME, May 1995.
17. Ghandi Ahmad, D.H. Brooks, and R.S. MacLeod. Joint energy and Laplacian regularization in inverse electrocardiography. In Proc. 20th of N.E. Bioengineering Conference, Springfield, MA, 1994. IEEE Press.
18. D.H. Brooks, Ghandi Ahmad, and R.S. MacLeod. Multiply constrained inverse electrocardiography: Combining Temporal, multiple spatial, and iterative regularization. In Proc. 16th Ann, Int. Conf. IEEE EMBS. IEEE Press, 1994.
19. D.H. Brooks, Ghandi Ahmad, and R.S. MacLeod. The Augmented inverse problem of electrocardiography: Combined time & space regularization. In IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. 15th Ann. Int. Conf., IEEE Press, 1993.