Born in Hebron – 30/9/1959
- Philosophy Doctorate (PhD-1995).
Civil Engineering, ( Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario)
- Master of Science (MSc. – 1987)
Civil Engineering, (University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia)
- Bachelor of Engineering (BSc. – 1984)
Civil Engineering ( King Abdul-Aziz University, Jeddah-Saudi Arabia)
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng. – 1997)
Affiliated with Professional Engineers (OPE), Ontario - Canada
- Geo-environmental problems, and soil contamination due to industrial activities
- Utilization of by product stone waste as building materials
- Soil-structure interaction problems
- Bearing capacity and strength of Soil
- Nabil Al-Joulani, "Ground pollution Due to Stone Cutting Industry, Case Study – Hebron District", The Journal of Solid Waste Technology and Management, accepted for publication, Volume 35, No 3, August, 2009
- Nabil Al-Joulani, “Soil Contamination in Hebron District Due to Stone Cutting Industry”, Jordan Journal of Applied Science, Volume 10, No. 1, 2008.
- Nabil Al-Joulani, “Soil Contamination in Hebron City Due to Stone Cutting Industry”, The International Conference on Energy and Environmental Protection in Sustainable Development, Palestine Polytechnic University (PPU), May 8-9, 2007.
- Nabil Al-Joulani “ Effect of Stone Slurry Waste on Strength, Permeability and Compressibility of Clayey and Sandy Soils”, Jordan Journal of Applied Science, Volume 9, No. 2, 99-112, Amman-Jordan , (2007)
- Nabil Al-Joulani, “STONE SLURRY PVC PIPES”, PATENT No. 88, Al-Waqa’e Journal No 38, Palestinian Ministry of Commerce and Industry, June 2006.
- Al-Joulani Nabil, (2007) “Engineering Properties, Industrial and Structural Applications of Stone Slurry Waste”, Jordan Journal of Applied Science, Vol. 9, No.1, pp. 13-23, Amman-Jordan.
- Nabil Al-Joulani “Engineering Properties of Slurry Waste from Stone Cutting Industry in the West Bank" , First Palestinian Environmental Symposium , Hebron, Palestine Polytechnic University, 28-29 March , 2000. Hebron, West Bank.
- Nabil Al-Joulani, “Improving Engineering Properties of Stone Slurry Waste by Cementing Materials”, Conference, Hebron in The Past, Today and Tomorrow, Hebron-Palestine, April 26-28, 2000.
- Al-Joulani Nabil, "Rehabilitation of Palestinian Engineers For Globalization", Conference of Engineering Education in Palestine Reality and Ambition. Palestine Polytechnic University, Hebron- Palestine. PP. 127-149. 2005.
- Gunther E. Bauer and Nabil Al-Joulani “Strengthening of Marginal Soils By Confined Stone Columns,” 7th International Cold Regions Engineering Specialty Conference, 7-9 March, 1994, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, pp. 97-117
- Fatani M.N., Bauer G.E.and Al-Joulani N. “Reinforcing Soil with aligned and randomly oriented Metallic Fibres”, Geotechnical Testing Journal, GTJODJ, Vol.14, No 1, March 1991, pp. 78-87.
- Akili W. And Al-Joulani N. “Static Cone Penetration Resistance of Cemented Sands: A Laboratory Investigation”, Second Symposium on Geotechnical Problems in Saudi Arabia pp. 48-63, King Saud University, 29-31 May 1989, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Akili W. and Al-Joulani N. “Cone Penetration Tests on Artificially Cemented Sands”, Penetration Testing, ISOPT-1, De Ruiter (ed.), 1988 Balkema, Rotterdam, ISBN 906191801 4.
- Nabil Al-Joulani and Gunther E. Bauer “Laboratory behavior of sleeve reinforced stone columns”, Proceeding of Geosynthetics ‘95, February 21-23, 1995, pp. 1111-1123.
- Nabil Al-Joulani and Gunther E. Bauer “Improvement of Stone Columns By Geogrid Confinement,” Al-Azhar Engineering Third International Conference (AEIC’93), Dec. 18-21,1993, Al-Azhar University, Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt .
- Nabil M. Al-Joulani “The assessment of Degree of Cementation of Weakly to Moderately Cemented Sand By Using the Static Cone Penetrometer”, M.Sc. Thesis, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, April 1984.
- Nabil M. Al-Joulani “Laboratory and Analytical Investigation of Sleeve Reinforced Stone Columns”, Ph.D. Thesis, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada, June 1995.